Wednesday, April 28, 2010

THE 80'S ARE BACK!!!

The Powerhouse Museum has some really good exhibitions at the moment including The 80's are Back, Frock Stars, Student Fashion and Portraits of a Tea Cosy. I had a day in the city today with Mum visiting some fabric stores and then headed to the Powerhouse. All the exhibitions were amazing and too much to put in 1 blog entry so I shall blog about them all :-)

Sparked by a combination of nostalgia, curiosity and the thrill of the taboo, the 80s revival just keeps getting bigger as a new generation looks to the decade for inspiration.
But what were the 80s really like? Were they one just one big party and an awful lot of big hair? Or was there a lot more going on? And what did the decade mean for Australia as the ‘land down under’ took its place on the international stage? This exhibition takes you back to the music, the fashion, the parties, the politics and the people to find out…


I would have to say that it was one of the best exhibitions I have been to. The way it was all set up was really cool and really took you back to life in the 80's with the big hair, PAC MAN, Rubik's cube, old school computers and game boys, sony Walkmans 'Girls just want to have fun', cabbage patch dolls....the list goes on.

I can't even begin to fully describe the exhibition. There was just too much so you are all just going to have go and see it for yourselves.

Disco room


Interactive electronic Rubik's Cube

Costumes worn by Australian band "The Presets", whose music is influenced by the sounds of the 80s

No comments:

Post a Comment